Our squad is growing so we wanted to share the individuals that drive the machine, the Abacus. Meet Ian Martins our Director, Performance Marketing.
2. What drew you to Abacus originally? And how has Abacus changed since?
“Abacus’s vision for what an Agency will look like in 2020 aligned with my personal point of view. I was looking for a way out of the global media agency machine and had plans to start my own shop in Lisbon. That being said, after I met Peter and Jeff I knew we could accomplish more together than I could on my own so I joined the team and I’m very happy I did.”
“I joined as employee #1, so the obvious change is that the team has grown significantly since I started. We’re also a lot more efficient in how we operate. There are still some growing pains which are to be expected with any startup achieving rapid growth, but we’re doing a great job at adapting to those changes.”
3. Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us.
“My first love is music and I spent about a decade of my life writing and recording albums, touring and working in a recording studio.”
4. What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
5. Any favorite line from a movie?
“These go to eleven” – Spinal Tap
6. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
“It’s not that strange but some people get tripped up about it… Octopus with the ink still in it.”
7. What is on your bucket list?
“Ride a motorcycle across Europe and America”
8.What is your claim to fame?
“Hmmm not sure I have one… I had a song on the radio once, does that count?”
9. Best slang (in your opinion)
“Chate (Oakville slang – http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chate)”
10. What was the best lesson you’ve learned? How did you learn it?
“Give more than you take”